Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: What was your final party in Lennus 2?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:35 am 

I ended up with Nikita, Iris and Karrat. I was interested if anybody else found some really good characters for their party.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: What was your final party in Lennus 2?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:10 am 
Site Admin

Best team I found: Hero - Nikita - Joynus - Rich Jr (with Gomatai Sword).

I also beat the game in one of my plays with Hero - Myra - Melina - Iris. (Love the ladies!)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:21 am 

I remember when I got the Gomatai Sword in Paladin's Quest (Lennus 1). I was so happy, it was really rare weapon drop from some balloon enemy and it was REALLY powerful. It was kind of like getting the Pink Tail dropped from those stupid Pink Puffs in the SNES Final Fantasy 4.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:15 am 
Site Admin

Same for me ultpaladin. I remember spending sooo much time in that tower trying to get that rare drop. When it finally happened I think I literally jumped for joy. Geez, that was a long time ago...

As per my final team in Lennus2... I played that game too many times to give you just one party.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:17 pm 

I uh, I hope that I'm not too late.

My party was: Farus-LV 35, Nikita-LV35, Myra-LV35, RichJr-LV29.

To me, the final boss was quite comfortable. It just took quite awhile. Although It's not as long as.. let's say, FFV's final boss. >.<

Boozoo was a pain though. A real pain.

Backloggery :: Youtube

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:21 am 
Site Admin

Boozoo was probably the hardest boss in the whole game! ZOOOOOOOO!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:56 pm 

Draken wrote:

Definitely.

I felt like crying when I had to fight him again, after JUST beating him! (At that point, Nikita ran outta' bottles. So I had nothing to heal the whole party with)
I think I managed to defeat him again by some really lucky critical hits. :lol:

I also like that NPC who impersonated Boozoo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

Zetshiro wrote:
Draken wrote:

Definitely.

I felt like crying when I had to fight him again, after JUST beating him! (At that point, Nikita ran outta' bottles. So I had nothing to heal the whole party with)
I think I managed to defeat him again by some really lucky critical hits. :lol:

I also like that NPC who impersonated Boozoo.
Boozoo was always so exasperatingly random. I'll admit I got my tail whacked more than once while polishing that scene. By 2003, we had rough-drafted maybe half of the story but never reached the point of fighting Boozoo twice. About five years after we stopped working on the Lennus-II translation, I played that Boozoo scene for the first time in the English beta that Draken and Bongo` built. That light-hearted music in Boozoo's sanctum lulled me into what I thought would be a cakewalk, and it really woke me up with a double jolt! What happened next, after I finally managed to clear Boozoo from his lair, changed the direction of my life ... again.

You see, up until the time I hooked up with Draken and Bongo` again in 2008, I didn't expect to help anyone translate another game, not ever. Oh, Taskforce and I would make an annual statement on the old MD board that we were not dead, but nothing seemed to be looming on the horizon that was capable of jump-starting us back into action.

Then, in early 2008, after telling Draken I was too wrapped up in family matters to rejoin the team, he sent me the Lennus-II .99 English beta a few months later. I played it, got deep into the third world, and caught the bug again. Draken was champing at the bit to release right away, but I finally convinced him the story could use a bit more polishing. He agreed, but I held up release even longer than he anticipated. I do believe that Draken was ready to have me keelhauled!

Heh, it's really fun to chat with someone who derives the same pleasure from this game in 2011 as we did in 2008. This seems to prove these games are timeless. Draken and I still entertain thoughts of writing a more fleshed-out version of Paladin's Quest, in which we also expand the names of magic spells and such.

We have a number of well-advanced translations that I can hardly wait to see released, some of which I believe you will enjoy, games such as Chaos Seed, Aretha-II, Silva Saga-II, Burning Heroes, Princess Minerva, and Akujin's reading of Hourai High School. We have even more gems on the back burner awaiting final script dumps, dedicated translators, and such. As for me, I have finally returned to a daily schedule of Chaos Seed polish work. It's a long, hard road putting some of these English patches in order.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:46 am 
Site Admin

Good to hear you are back on CS! I need to get back into SS2... A nasty flu has kept me pretty immobile the past several days :( I'm just hoping it's gone in time for my trip to Boracay (Philippines) next month.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:00 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
Boozoo was always so exasperatingly random. I'll admit I got my tail whacked more than once while polishing that scene. By 2003, we had rough-drafted maybe half of the story but never reached the point of fighting Boozoo twice. About five years after we stopped working on the Lennus-II translation, I played that Boozoo scene for the first time in the English beta that Draken and Bongo` built. That light-hearted music in Boozoo's sanctum lulled me into what I thought would be a cakewalk, and it really woke me up with a double jolt! What happened next, after I finally managed to clear Boozoo from his lair, changed the direction of my life ... again.

You see, up until the time I hooked up with Draken and Bongo` again in 2008, I didn't expect to help anyone translate another game, not ever. Oh, Taskforce and I would make an annual statement on the old MD board that we were not dead, but nothing seemed to be looming on the horizon that was capable of jump-starting us back into action.

Then, in early 2008, after telling Draken I was too wrapped up in family matters to rejoin the team, he sent me the Lennus-II .99 English beta a few months later. I played it, got deep into the third world, and caught the bug again. Draken was champing at the bit to release right away, but I finally convinced him the story could use a bit more polishing. He agreed, but I held up release even longer than he anticipated. I do believe that Draken was ready to have me keelhauled!

Heh, it's really fun to chat with someone who derives the same pleasure from this game in 2011 as we did in 2008. This seems to prove these games are timeless. Draken and I still entertain thoughts of writing a more fleshed-out version of Paladin's Quest, in which we also expand the names of magic spells and such.

We have a number of well-advanced translations that I can hardly wait to see released, some of which I believe you will enjoy, games such as Chaos Seed, Aretha-II, Silva Saga-II, Burning Heroes, Princess Minerva, and Akujin's reading of Hourai High School. We have even more gems on the back burner awaiting final script dumps, dedicated translators, and such. As for me, I have finally returned to a daily schedule of Chaos Seed polish work. It's a long, hard road putting some of these English patches in order.

Yeah, Boozoo & his music was quite 'silly', that made me think he'd be an easy win. All was going well until he 'muscled up', then I knew something bad was going to happen. He did that multiple punch attack, and... there goes Iris... and Myra...

I agree that these games are timeless. It'll always be one of my favourite games, and I'm sure I'll have the same experience even if I play it 10 years after today.

It's really amazing that you've been doing this for so long. I think I can imagine how hard and time-consuming it can be to do these translations! From what I've seen, actually getting the english script into the game might only be half the trouble. :lol:

'Paladins Quest/Lennus' has great potential. I find it a shame that they didn't do much with the localization. I tried playing it, but I had such a hard time knowing what things were. Leather Armor was "Lth" and Knife was "Kn". :?

I'm really looking forward to playing all those games you mentioned, I like checking here regulary to see if any news is afoot. I'm sure I'll like them all. Good luck with Chaos Seed!

Thank you.

Draken wrote:
Good to hear you are back on CS! I need to get back into SS2... A nasty flu has kept me pretty immobile the past several days :( I'm just hoping it's gone in time for my trip to Boracay (Philippines) next month.

Oh, I hope you feel better soon..!
I'm just recovering from a nasty flu, but it's now affected my brother, and my sister. :?