Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Just Breed translated to Spanish
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:09 pm 

I just saw this at RHDN and it looks like Bongo's original work helped a lot in bringing the game to Spanish speakers. Thats great news for many people since this may be the best NES RPG ever made at least in my opinion.

I hope Bongo is doing well, haven't heard from him in a while. I wonder how he feels about the new and improved Miami Heat?

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: Just Breed translated to Spanish
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:41 pm 

I too hope things with Bongo' get all patched up well so we can kick the site back into high gear.
I do agree JB is one of the best Nes games, probably the best in the SRPG genre since I never consider SRPGs and RPGs as a single group, they have
enough differences to prompt the division.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:28 am 
Site Admin

I remember seeing this too on RHDN. It's great to see this game being translated into different languages. Personally, I think that Just Breed is one of the best game on the NES along with the DBZ ones. A nice story, great music, cast, gameplay ending, etc. It's actually now one of my favorite games! I'm really glad that I decided to give it a try when I did!

Seeing this getting translated into Spanish makes me think about translating it into Romanian also. It's one of the games on my list that I would like to translate someday, but I suck at romhacking. Especially when it comes to text dumping and inserting. Geh, all I'm really good at is table making and editing which isn't much to brag about. Better read up and study I guess.

I too hope that Bongo` is doing well. This place is very lonely and quiet without him here...

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:21 am 

Yeah, somehow it feels like the place is rusting up, which is a little saddening, but we have to keep
everything strung togheter so that work can be done at a high pace when everything normalizes.
I have the same problems you are facing Recca, regarding international translations, but
I see it being done with Bongo' back to helm the romhacking front of the team.