Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Perhaps the best NES RPG made
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 pm 

I have made some tests with additionnal characters, it seems to be OK :

Currently, I try to understand how to extract the script with pointers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:45 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
But I've played enough of it to know I want to give it a polish - not a total re-write - just a good solid edit. The reason for this is because of what these fellows are saying. Personally, I believe that Destiny of an Emperor-II and Dragon Warrior-IV are the best NES RPGs ever. FF-III and IV are pretty good, too. This one maybe belongs with those.

Shouldn't you, you know, talk to Shih Tzu before deciding to edit his work? If it were me I'd certainly want to be asked.

What's more, the man's one of the best translators and writers I know. Remember the stink that was raised around some of the changes made to the "official" Cave Story script? Shih Tzu did the original version, which to this day is still considered better than anything Nicalis has pushed out.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
But I've played enough of it to know I want to give it a polish - not a total re-write - just a good solid edit. The reason for this is because of what these fellows are saying. Personally, I believe that Destiny of an Emperor-II and Dragon Warrior-IV are the best NES RPGs ever. FF-III and IV are pretty good, too. This one maybe belongs with those.

Shouldn't you, you know, talk to Shih Tzu before deciding to edit his work? If it were me I'd certainly want to be asked.

What's more, the man's one of the best translators and writers I know. Remember the stink that was raised around some of the changes made to the "official" Cave Story script? Shih Tzu did the original version, which to this day is still considered better than anything Nicalis has pushed out.

Nah, i don't feel JustBreed needs to be touched anymore. The game came out great and better than I expected. Shih Tzu did an exceptional job on it. There is only one game I would redo and that is Doraemon, but hell, no one cares about that game anymore. Not sure if they cared when it was released. :) i did the editing on that game and I KNOW it is aweful! :?